Breadboard Mk3 WIP

Today I started revising the breadboarded miniMO. I wanted to bring the printed model as much in line as possible with the PCB version, whilst emphasizing the different approach; my goals were to fit all the components of the latest design on the custom board, and to keep soldering to a minimum. More…

Repository up and running

It’s here!

With five new modules up and running, I’ve revised and uploaded the DCO code to Github. It has been a while since I last used Github, since I normally work with svn; I was pleasantly surprised that I can use tortoiseSVN with it.

Following steps: decide on the open-hardware license, figure out ways to distribute it, publish a video demoing the unit, start modeling the case, and start spreading the word a bit more.

miniMO multiplies

I received the PCBs last Friday and built a few MOs over the weekend. I’m very satisfied with how things turned out; the PCBs look sharp, I had no difficulties in soldering the components, and everything works correctly. I found I made a couple of errors with the design, but both have easy fixes and functionality isn’t compromised.More…